THE ROYAL OPERA HOUSE
The Royal Opera House
The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden (ROH) let a Total FM contract in late 2010. After the first 20 months, ROH asked us to review current performance including:
- Achievement of added value goals
- Payment deductions
- Adherence to KPIs and SLAs
- Management systems
The aim was to increase efficiency and provide additional value to the organisation.
Performance of the facilities management service was assessed by an initial review which identified where performance could be enhanced. From this, a set of Action Plans were devised with the contractor incorporating quick wins together with longer term measures.
We continued to monitor performance against the Action Plans for a period of six months; identifying further continuous improvements from an assessment of monthly reports and physical inspections.
RESULTS FOR CLIENT
Following the implementation of the action plans the following improvements were achieved:
- Reorganisation of direct labour management systems which resulted in enhanced standards of fabric maintenance
- Reorganisation of the CAFM system providing a more transparent approach, improved monthly reporting and greater resiliency of planned preventative maintenance (ppm) procedures
- Optimisation of procedures including implementation of Six Sigma to reduce job related time achieving labour efficiencies and achievement of gain share for ROH
- Reorganisation of management to enhance service delivery
- Improvement in achieving or exceeding standards required by the specification to provide an better environment within the ROH